This is to inform the general public that the federal polytechnic Bauchi is recruiting for a post of rector.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of RECTOR of the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi (FPTB).
The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi was established in accordance with Decree NO. 33 of 1979 based on the Federal Polytechnic Act (Cap 139) as amended by the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993.
The Polytechnic located at Kilometre 15 along Dass Road was established in order to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigerian economy. The Institution runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma levels (ND & HND), which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic. He has power to exercise general authority over both the Staff and Students and is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council. In addition to proven Management and Leadership experience, the successful candidate must have visibly manifest passion for academic endeavour and scholarship and also be credible to the academic community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- Should be at least Chief Lecturer or its equivalent, with a minimum of five (5) years experience on that rank
- Should possess at least a Masters Degree, preferably in the relevant and technical courses offered in the Polytechnic. Possession of a Ph.D degree is an advantage.
- Should exhibit evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes
- Should show evidence of membership of reputable professional body(ies) in Nigeria
- Should produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshops
- Should have the ability to attract funds and development facilities to the Polytechnic, as well as maintain and improve the Institution’s pace of Development
- Should provide evidence of proficiency in ICT.
- Should be of sound physical and mental health
- Should be objective, fair minded, impartial, and of unquestionable character and proven integrity
- The successful applicant must not exceed 59 years of age at the time of assumption of duty
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT/CONDITIONS OF SERVICES
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and renewable, subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applicants are to attach to their applications, twenty (20) type-written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, given the details in the following order:-
- Full Names with Surname underlined
- Date and place of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current Postal Address/including telephone No. and E-mail address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Body(ies) and Association(s)
- Academic/Scholarly Publications
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present employment status and salary
- A statement of his/her vision for the Polytechnic in the 21st Century
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of academic and managerial capabilities as well as their characters
- Invited applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials to the Interview.
- Twenty (20) copies of applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes and marked “POST OF RECTOR” at the top left hand corner, to reach:
P. M. B. 0231,
Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.