Are you a newly admitted student of the Federal University of Technology, FUTO? Then this page is for you. On this page, you will learn how to register a unique student profile for yourself.
STEP-BY-STEP REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR FRESHMEN/NEW STUDENTS
The following is the approved Registration Guidelines and procedure for Freshmen/New students of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) for 2016/2017 Academic session.
1. STUDENT PORTAL ACCOUNT VERIFICATION
- Visit the University official website – www.futo.edu.ng
- Click on “Prospective student” link
- Then Click on “Check Admission status” to confirm your admission
- Click on the link “click here to check 2018/2019 Undergraduate admission
- Enter your JAMB REG NO and click on submit button to view your
- After confirming your admission click on the link “Click here to continue
with the admission registration”
- Update your O’level details by supplying your O’Level exam year, exam
number and O’Level result scratch card pin.
- Click on the link ‘Portal’ on the homepage
- Then click on “Create portal account” to generate portal login details.
- Get account details with the JAMB Registration number as the default
username and password.
- Log in with your username and password
- Click on “change password” to change your password
2. PROFILE DETAILS
- Click on fill profile details.
- Enter the required information on the field.
- Click on submit button to complete your profile details.
- Print the profile information slip.
3. ACCEPTANCE FEE PAYMENT
- Login to the Portal www.portal.futo.edu.ng with your username and password
- Click on “Generate acceptance fee invoice” to generate your payment invoice
- Print your invoice and proceed to any bank to pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of N42,500 using your RRR code on the invoice
- Alternatively, you can make payment using the online payment options
with credit/debit cards such as Verve, Visa, MasterCards.
- After successful payment in the bank, return to the portal www.portal.futo.edu.ng and log in with your account details to print FUTO admission letter and Clearance Form 6.
4. CONFIRMATION OF ADMISSION
- Obtain a Confirmation of Admission letter from the University Admission Officer (UAO) with the following documents
i. FUTO admission Letter
ii. JAMB Admission Letter
iii. Admission screening result slip
iv. JAMB Result
5. DEPARTMENTAL CLEARANCE
- Proceed to the Department for further Clearance on presentation of:
i. Confirmation of Admission Letter duly signed and stamped by the UAO
ii. Form 6 printed online with your passport clearly shown or displayed
iii. Original copies of your entry credentials (A’Level Certificates/OND/HND statements of results and O’Level certificates, as appropriate)
- Candidates whose Form 6 is not approved in the Department but are desirous of sourcing for an alternative programme of study should go back to the of the UAO for a possible change of course /Department
- Candidates whose Form 6 is approved at the Department should proceed
to pay school fees.
NOTE: All admitted Direct Entry Students are required to inform their institution to
forward their Academic Transcript to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. PMB 1526
6. SCHOOL FEES PAYMENT
- Login to the portal with your username and password
- Click on “Generate School fees invoice” to generate your payment invoice
- Print your invoice and proceed to any bank for payment.
- Alternatively, you can make payment using the online payment options with credit/debit cards such as Verve, Visa, MasterCards.
- After successful payment in the bank, return to the portal www.portal.futo.edu.ng and log in with your account details to print FUTO school fees e-receipt with the RRR code on the invoice.