On this page, you will get to read on IWH Postdoctoral Mustard Fellowship in Work and Health for Canadian Students scholarships requirements, eligibility, application procedures and the deadline for application.
For the year 2019 Postdoctoral Mustard Fellowship is available in Work and Health at the Institute for Work & Health (IWH) in Canada. This fellowship is available for Canadian students.
Canada Scholarships Opportunities Others Are Applying Right Now;
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology Undergraduate Research Award in Canada, 2019
- York University VISTA Masters Scholarships in Canada, 2019
- Hydro-Québec Admission International Scholarship at Laval University in Canada, 2019
- Export Development Canada International Business Scholarships, 2019
The fellowship supports the development of outstanding new researchers in the field of work and health congruent with the mission of the Institute. It aims specifically to build capacity for innovative multidisciplinary research concerning the relationship between work environments and worker health.
The Institute for Work & Health (IWH) is a Canadian leader in work injury and disability prevention research. An independent, not-for-profit organization, IWH conducts and shares actionable research to promote, protect and improve the health and safety of working people.
- Applications Deadline: December 14, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programs.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study the following areas:
Areas of special interest in the priority area of Work as a Determinant of Health include:
- Advancing methods in the surveillance of work-related health conditions
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions to prevent work-related injury and illness
Areas of special interest in the priority area of Health as a Determinant of Work include:
- The impact of physical and mental health conditions on participation in employment
- The identification of workplace practices and workplace practice improvement that can promote return-to-work or the full participation and well-being of those with health limitations
- Understanding workplace contextual factors that facilitate or act as barriers to the implementation of effective work accommodation and disability support policies and practices.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship award currently stands at approximately $55,000 CDN per annum, plus a benefit package and conference travel support. Only one fellowship is awarded.
- Nationality: Canadian students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Only one fellowship is awarded.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Canadian students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a PhD (or equivalent) at the time they begin the fellowship, in one or more of the fields of social, behavioural, organizational or health sciences, including epidemiology, medicine and allied medical professions.
- Applicants must be within five (5) years of completion of their PhD, have held no more than one other postdoctoral fellowship (or equivalent), and have not held another academic job as an independent investigator (e.g., assistant professorship).
- Applicants should have an interest in approaching research questions from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Applicants should have proficiency in relevant qualitative and/or quantitative methods.
- Applicants must hold Canadian citizenship, have permanent residency status in Canada or be eligible for a Canadian work visa at the time of application.
- Applicants may not hold another major salary award in addition to the Mustard Fellowship in Work and Health.
We believe that this post on IWH Postdoctoral Mustard Fellowship in Work and Health for Canadian Students, 2019 is helpful to you. Don’t Just read it alone, Please share it with others