Last updated on April 28th, 2018 at 06:35 am
JAMB 2017 form is finally out. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has open the portal for 2017 JAMB registration today. As shown in the image below, it is only UTME Registration portal that has been open today. Direct entry registration is still Not Available.
Before now most students were asking questions like; when will JAMB 2017 form out?, Even now that JAMB has commenced registration for 2017 JAMB, some candidates will still be asking; is 2017 JAMB form out?, is JAMB 2017 out?, is JAMB form for 2017 out? has JAMB 2017 registration started?. Questions like that and more are what we are going to provide answers to on this page. So take a glass of water let begin….
IS JAMB 2017 FORM OUT
Yes, the Joint admission and Matriculation Board JAMB has open the online registration portal for JAMB 2017 registration. JAMB 2017 form is available at CBT centers
When will JAMB 2017 Registration begins
2017 JAMB registration is ongoing. Registration for the 2017/2018 JAMB is carried out at all accreditated JAMB CBT centers.
Where Can I Register for JAMB 2017 form
To register for JAMB 2017, go to any accreditated JAMB CBT center nearer to you and tell the CBT center operators that you want to register for JAMB.
How Much is JAMB 2017 FORM
JAMB 2017 form is #5000 only as fixed by JAMB board. But there are some other charges, like the registration fee (#500), the optional JAMB Mock Examination registration fee (#700) and the Approve Reading text for the JAMB examination (#500).
Who is Qualify to Register for JAMB 2017 UTME
Candidates who have completed his/her Senior secondary school Examination and obtained credit in all of the key subjects or that is either awaiting the result.
Note: Candidates who are awaiting result are to supply their result on the JAMB’s Portal as soon as their result are available. Failure to do so, no recommendations from other institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not uploaded his/her O’Level result on JAMB PORTAL.
Who is Qualify to Register for JAMB 2017 Direct Entry
- Candidate with a minimum of ﬁve (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others.
- Candidate with two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Candidate with passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Candidate with a minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the e- Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centers and JAMB state oﬃces.
JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
What every candidate must have
- A valid E-mail Address ( I recommend you sign up for Gmail account )
- A Mobile Phone Number
- A JAMB profile ( create your JAMB e-Facility profile here )
Each candidate must have a valid email address which they are to use and create a personal JAMB profile on the JAMB e facility website. On the JAMB e-Facility website, a candidate will be asked to fill their name, date of birth, personal email address and place of original to complete the creation of their JAMB PROFILE.
How to Pay for JAMB 2017 Registration Form
Payment for the JAMB E-PIN-Registration and the recommended text is done at the BANK and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make this services available at CBT centers and JAMB States offices.
Duties Of the CBT CENTERS
1. For Candidate to visit with his/her personal details, the proﬁle and evidence of payment to complete his/her JAMB 2017 Registration.
2. The CBT center or JAMB State Oﬃce, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
a) e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programs of study.
b) Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination.
c) Step by step guide on completing the application form.
d) Video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without the mouse.(For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
3. Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualiﬁcations, etc.
4. At the CBT center, Candidate’s ten ﬁngers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
JAMB 2017 REGISTRATION PERIOD
The Period for the Sale/Registration of JAMB 2017 begins today Monday 20th March 2017 and last still April 19th, 2017. The portal will be closed on Saturday 22nd April 2017. All JAMB UTME candidates are advice to complete all their registration before the closing date as a candidate who fails to complete his or her registration will not be allowed to partake in the JAMB Examination.
JAMB Registration for all DIRECT ENTRY Candidates commences from Sunday 23rd April 2017.
ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
In this 2017 JAMB registration, Candidates are to note that they can choose either University, Polytechnic, college of education. Nigerian Police Academy, Nigerian Defence Academy NDA, Monotechnics or Innovative enterprise Institutes as their 1st (first) choice of an institution as in ( Most preferred choice of institution).
DATE FOR THE JAMB 2017 EXAMINATION
The 2017 JAMB UTME examination will take effect from the 6th of May 2017 and will end on the 20th of May 2017 ( Excluding May 12, 2017, because of candidate sitting for WAEC further Mathematics Examination).
THE VENUE FOR 2017 JAMB EXAMINATION
The Venue for the JAMB examination will be at any center in the candidate’s chosen Examination Town.
RECOMMENDED READING TEXTS
The recommended reading text for JAMB UTME candidates is “In Dependence” and the “The Last days at focados High school” for all Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep as conﬁdential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses, and E-Pins.
- The registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- Registration for the Uniﬁed Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centers and JAMB Oﬃces Nationwide. The accredited centers have been empowered to assist in this regard.
- As it is the practice, centers are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any center that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centers have been mandated to select any of the participating banks. These banks are to be present in their premises for the purposes of collecting all fees. No centre-staﬀ is allowed to conduct cash transaction with the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed.
- Candidates who register more than once will be idenﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general text: “In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates are warned that the Board has not authorized or solicited the services of ANY establishment/group or individual other than the accredited CBT centers for this registration exercise.
In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Oﬃces will be allowed to register candidates. This is to avoid exploitation, oﬀ-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities.
The Board will mount a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centers to prepare and familiarize INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment. Interested candidates are advised to indicate their interest in the mock examination during the registration process.
The CBT Centres are allowed to collect through their (CBT Centres)bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only, for this exercise after notiﬁcation of the centre has been received by the Candidate.
The payment for mock examination shall be made to the centers to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centers for the mock examination. No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB.
NOTE: Do Not pay for Mock until JAMB assigns you to a CBT centre. The mock examination shall take place on Saturday 8 April, 2017.