Niger Delta University, NDU basic studies admission form for the 2017/18 academic session is on sale.
The Management of the Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the Basic Studies for the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
Niger Delta University one year basic programme is designed to improve the performance of Secondary School Leavers in the UTME and equivalent examinations. It should be noted that preference will be given to candidates of the programme in the University Admission process.
NDU BASIC STUDIES ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
- Applicants must have five ‘O’ level credits relevant to the proposed course of study including English Language.
- Admission is open to candidates that are awaiting the release of the most recent WAEC and NECO School Certificate Examination results as well as those who have attempted and are still preparing to sit for these exams again. However, admission to Degree Programmes in the University will also depend on candidate’s performance in the current JAMB.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: One Academic Year (2017/2018). Further details concerning fees payable per year and the programme structure, including the schedule of course per year can be obtained from the NDU website.
NDU BASIC STUDIES – AVAILABLE COURSES.
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
- Crop and Soil Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
- Animal Science
- Faculty of Arts
- English and Literary Studies
- History and Diplomacy
- Theatre Arts
- Religious Studies
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Faculty of Education
- Teacher Education
- Educational Foundations
- Vocational/Industrial Technology
- Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural/Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Electrial/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Finance and Accountancy
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Office Information Management
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Biological Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography/Environmental Management
- Political Science
In addition, this programme also prepares Senior Secondary School (SS III) students and other school leavers for the NECO and WAEC Examination.
Also Read: NDU JUPEB/Pre-degree Admission form 2017/18
NDU BASIC STUDIES ADMISSION – HOW TO APPLY.
Registration is online on our website at www.ndu.edu.ng or at www.ndu.ac starting from Thursday, July 13-Thursday, August 31, 2017. The Registration Process is as follows:
Go to any Diamond Bank branch in Nigeria.
Purchase an e-pin slip for Niger Delta University Basic Programme for a fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only. The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges.
Go online and log onto www.ndu.edu.ng and click on Apply for Basic Programme.
The deadline for the submission of forms is on Thursday, August 31, 2017.