This page will guide you on how to apply for a job position as a safety Advisor Assistant at the International NGO Safety Organization (INSO). The Requirements, qualifications, Method of Application and the deadline can be found below;
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
Safety Advisor Assistant
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field:NGO/Non-Profit
The ASA will support the Safety Advisor (SA) by assisting in the collection and verification of safety information in the North Eastern region of Nigeria, as well as assisting the SA in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists.
NSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong regional approach, supporting NGOs operating in the context of the humanitarian crisis within the Lake Chad Basin region. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing the operational offices in Maiduguri (Nigeria), Maroua (Cameroon) and Diffa (Niger).
We are currently seeking for a Safety Advisor Assistant to support the Safety Advisor in North Eastern Nigeria in the following areas:
- Collection and verification of safety information
- Delivery of other INSO Scheduled Services
- Delivery of other INSO Request Services
- Bachelor in either, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least 3 years of Police, Military, and/or NGO safety work experience or as a data entry analyst
- Excellent English writing skills as well as a fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Eastern Nigeria
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors in the North Eastern Region
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Strong skills in data management
Method of Application
Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply by sending their file to the email address: [email protected] writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO SA Assistant – Maiduguri”
In order to be considered the application must contain the two (2) following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 2 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements
The Application deadline NOT SPECIFIED