This is to inform all those who are interested in postgraduate admission into the University of Benin that UNIBEN postgraduate form for 2018/2019 academic session is now on sale. The 2018/2019 UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Screening Requirements and Application Procedures are available below.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the UNIBEN Postgraduate School in the courses listed below.
The application begins on 8th June, 2018
2018/2019 UNIBEN Postgraduate (PG) Application – Eligible programs
1) FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
2) FACULTY OF ARTS
3)FACULTY OF EDUCATION
4) FACULTY OF ENGINEERING5) INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION
5) INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION
6) INSTITUTE FOR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND EXTENSION SERVICES
7) FACULTY OF THE RIGHT
8) FACULTY OF LIFE SCIENCES
9) FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
10) COLLECTION OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
11) FACULTY OF PHARMACY
13) FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
14) SCHOOL OF BASISMEDICAL SCIENCES
15) FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
16) CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN GEOSCIENCES & PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
17) UNIVERSITY F BENIN / AFRICAN ECONOMIC RESEARCH CONSORTIUM CORPORATE PH.D PROGRAM IN ECONOMIC
18) CENTER FOR GENDER STUDIES
2018/2019 UNIBEN PG GENERAL ADMINISSION REQUIREMENTS
I. A candidate for Postgraduate Studies at the University of Benin must have received at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents). NOTE: A CREDIT IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
II. Four credits on an ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance Level passes or other equivalents.
III. A holder of a pass (diploma/degree) is not qualified for admission to the Postgraduate Program of the University of Benin. In addition, all third-degree holders must possess PGD for inclusion in the master programs.
IV. Candidates who have received the Master’s degree, but with a Weighted Average Score (WAS) of between 55.0-59%, can only be considered for inclusion in the M.Phil program at first instance.
V. A candidate who has to apply for a doctorate in a program of the University of Benin must have a minimum weighting of 60% in the Master’s degree.
VI. A candidate for the doctorate with a master ‘s degree from any other university that is in his master’ s degree has so far not taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to those at the University of Benin will have to undertake these courses and pass with at least 60 %.
VII. Only students who have the NYSC relief, exemption or exclusion certificate can enter the various courses.
Transcripts: Candidates should request their former universities/institutions to forward their academic transcripts to the “Secretary of the School of Postgraduate Studies” to reach him no later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications from applicants whose transcripts are not sent to the school may not be processed.
Referees: Candidates should ask their referees to send them directly to [email protected]. Or the secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The applications may only be processed if the referee reports are available.
Note: Students are recommended to always check this website for those courses that require a written entrance exam. Please enter your e-mail address/telephone when applying.
Application procedure for UNIBEN Postgraduate school
- Candidates must purchase the registration forms online with a valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD for the sum of N12,050.00. Registration fee is N11,500 while processing fee is N550
- Candidates must complete the application online at https://uniben.waeup.org/. The form must be filled in correctly with all information required before filing online and then printed out.
- The following documents are printed from the website: – Application forms and referee forms.
- Any form that is not properly filled will not be treated.
UNIBEN PG SCREENING DETAILS 2018/2019
The entry into some programs will be conducted through an entrance examination to be announced soon on a date on the Ugbowo campus.
However, there are no entry examinations for some programs. Admission to such programs is based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
Only candidates who are admitted to the various PG programs shall pay the total amount of the non-refundable acceptance fees listed below.
Bank/portal fees – 3.000,00
Admission – 20,000.00
ICT Levy – 6,000.00
Development tax – 15,000.00
MTN Net Library – 1,000.00
Total – 45,000.00
Note: Candidate are to pay their acceptance fee before they can be cleared.
UNIBEN POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
The application deadline for UNIBEN Postgraduate (PG ) admission closes on 31st August, 2018.
Verified at: www.uniben.edu
Get More UNIBEN latest news on admission
Please share it.
Searches on UNIBEN PG Screening date:
- UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Screening Form 2018/19
- UNIBEN PG Screening 2018/2019
- UNIBEN Postgraduate form 2018/19
- UNIBEN PG Screening Exercise 2018