The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session is out. The 2018/2019 UNIZIK Postgraduate application guide, Admission requirement and screening date are available on this page.
This is to inform the general public and most especially candidates interested in UNIZIK Postgraduate admission that the management of the University has begun the sales of its postgraduate admission form for the 2018/2019 academic session.
2018/2019 UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The requirement for admission into the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK Postgraduate Programme is available here.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Available Programme – See the list of courses available in the UNIZIK postgraduate programme.
UNIZIK PG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into Masters Programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 70% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements and areas of specialization from the university website www.spgs.unizik.edu.ng *This is important*
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme: minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time: minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time: minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time: minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
Master Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes: minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme: minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-Time PhD programmes: minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-Time programme: minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
2018/2019 UNIZIK Postgraduate Application Procedures
The application form should be completed online by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the login page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation of the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
Sale of Form Ends on 3rd August 2018
Submission of Form Ends on 10th August 2018
Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 24th August 2018
PhD applicants in submitting their forms, shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- A brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Qualified Applicants will be invited for Screening Test and Proposal Defence (PhD only) from 27th August 2018.
Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.