WAEC 2018 Food and Nutrition answers to objectives and theory questions can be found on this page. If you’re searching for the 2018/2019 WAEC food and nutrition questions then you’re on the right page. This page will provide you with the appropriate WAEC Food and Nutrition answers 2018. Continue browsing…
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an Examination Board that conducts the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). The Examination is used by candidates who wish to apply for University and Jamb Entrance in West Africa… Over a year, over three million candidates have registered for WAEC-coordinated exams.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) Food and Nutrition Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) paper hold today Thursday, April 5, 2018.
The 2018 WAEC Food and Nutrition Questions exam consists of Papers 2 & 1 Essay and Objective, which begin at 13.00 and end at 15.15. This means that the exam lasts only three hours (3 hours).
In this article, we will publish examples of WAEC Food and nutrition questions for candidates who will sit for the examination to practice ahead of time.
2018 WAEC food and nutrition Answers (OBJ)
Stay on this page and keep on refreshing it for the WAEC 2018 food and Nutrition theory questions
WAEC Foods and Nutrition OBJ Answers
1 – A legume is a plant of its fruit or its seed in the Fabaceae family. The fruits contain dandruff or a pod
1b) Bean: kidney beans
• Legumes are rich in proteins
• Legumes provide fibre for the heart and digestion
• Legumes help you to manage your weight
• Legumes are easy to add to your diet
• pea butter
2a) 1. Long-term storage of fresh products (12 Months +) without a refrigerator or Freezer.
2. Environmentally friendly – seasonal cultivated and regional fresh products, Use preserving jars, reduce food packaging and reduce food miles.
3. Save money by buying in bulk and seasonal.
4. Taste! Home preserves are not included artificial preservatives, BPA or other artificial Ingredients.
5. Convenience – ready to serve in minutes.
6. Community participation – both the canning process and share with family, friends and Neighbours. Teach skills to the Next Generation
7. Gifts – nothing beats a homemade jam for one
8. Prepare for emergencies and/or illnesses.
9. Personal satisfaction. We love to create something new
Flavour combinations that you can not buy
Your local business – and show how to use it
Preserves in cooking dishes
Prevention or delay of microbial Decomposition.
• by the absence of microorganisms (asepsis)
• By removing microorganisms
• By monitoring the growth and activity of
Microorganisms (e.g., low temperatures, Drying, anaerobic conditions or chemicals).
• By killing the microorganisms (eg by heat or Radiation).
2) Prevention or delay of auto-decomposition of the food
• by destruction or inactivation of food Enzymes (by blanching)
• By preventing or delaying chemical reactions (By the use of antioxidant)
4bi) Protein are essential for the nutrient of the body because they are building blocks of body tissue and can also serve as fuel, it is most needed for human growth
4bii) Protein is a nutrient in foods (meat, beans, milk) that consists of many amino acids. It is a necessary part of the diet for human growth
5ai) recipe is a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of required ingredients.
i) list of ingredients
ii) amount of ingredients
I) Include a variety of foods from major food groups: A well-balanced diet requires a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and lean protein (including beans and other legumes, nuts, and seeds).
ii) Use a variety of ingredients, flavours and textures: Since calories, nutrients and fibre content of foods in the same food group can differ dramatically, good nutrition depends on getting a variety of different foods within food groups.
iii) Consider the right portion size: When people are faced with over-sized portions, they tend to overeat. Review the packages of foods you prepare, portion sizes, and follow the guidelines. Unless you intend.
We believe that this post on WAEC food and Nutrition answer 2018 is helpful to you. Don’t Just read it alone share it with others using the socials icons below!